Beginning back in the year 1998, Freefall by Mark Stanley, has given glimpses into the social, ethical and political issues surrounding Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
Yes, the first story line did take 18 years to complete, (several hundred strips) but it still presents ideas only just now being discussed outside the ranks of Computer Science geeks!
- (The Freefall Archive Binge Speedreader
- This tool allows reading Freefall in a continuous format, uninterrupted by page loads. It will automatically load comics as they scroll onscreen, so your browser doesn't have to download everything at once.)
- It's funny. People are taught all about Ecology and the Rain Forest, yet almost nothing about the Infrastructures that actually keep them alive.
- It takes some emperors longer than others to realize they have no clothes.
- If God is omnipotent and all things are possible, then it is possible that all religions are correct simultaneously.
- A modern search engine can easily find a needle in a haystack. If you really want to hide a needle, you bury it in a needle stack.
- Never put yourself in the situation where you're waiting for someone's permission. Put them in the situation where you have permissions unless they take active steps to stop you.
- Human directed artificial consciousness. A tool - incredibly useful and incredibly dangerous. It is up to us to decide which one.